There is an interesting theory that you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. If you surround yourself successful people, you will strive to become more successful yourself. Liv Boeree is a testament to that. She started her career being coached by Annie Duke on a TV show, and in our interview today you will learn how she has continued to use collaboration with other players to enhance her skills.
If you follow Liv, you will know that she never stops adding to her skillset. Whether it is poker, the guitar, presenting, or charity work she is a highly dynamic person with an incredible array of interests and skills.
In our discussion you will discover:
- How working on projects outside of poker have kept her passion for the game alive.
- Why learning is so important, especially during downswings.
- How she never rests on her laurels and always strives to learn from the elite players she mixes with.
- The importance of having structure and rituals, and how that can be problematic on the road.
- How she deals with criticism, both internal and external.
Like many poker players I have interviewed recently, Liv is really focused on self-improvement and her mental game. This is a great interview for anyone who has a passion for learning and always striving for more.
If you liked this interview subscribe to this podcast on iTunes where you can listen to recent interviews with Daniel Negreanu, Jake Cody, Vanessa Selbst and more.
If you want to learn more about some of the themes we discussed, you can still get The Mental Game of Poker 1 or 2 for free on audiobook. If you prefer eBook or softcover, I have affordable ways for you to get copies just click here.
Listen To Podcast
Subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. If you’re already subscribing, please rate the show.
Add the RSS Feed for the show by clicking here.