My guest today on the Mental Game of Poker Podcast is Roy “GodLikeRoy” Bhasin. He is a Team PokerStars Pro, four-time Supernova Elite and professional PLO cash game player. He is also a long-time client of mine and one of the clients who shared a story in The Mental Game of Poker 2. (His was about recognizing Burnout.)
Our discussion is entirely about achieving poker goals, and includes:
- Why break even players should not go for Supernova Elite or other rakeback based goals.
- How to stick to a plan for an entire year and prepare for obstacles.
- How to balance grinding, working on your game and rest.
- The impact of burnout and how Roy deals with it.
- The value of setting a secondary poker goal to prevent you quitting at the first sign of failure.
- How a 25 minute warm up pays dividends for both your earn rate and life in general.
If you are about to embark on a big goal in 2014 you have to listen to this show to help you avoid some of the common pitfalls poker players make when setting goals at the start of a new year.
If you want to learn more about Roy you can visit his website or follow him on Twitter: @roybhasin. Also be sure to pick up The Mental Game of Poker 2 where he is a featured client story and we also break down goal setting in much more detail.
Listen To Podcast
Just a quick reminder, you can now get The Mental Game of Poker 1 and 2 for free either on audiobook or using PokerStars Frequent Player Points. You can also save 30% on the softcover versions of both books now through January 7th at the store at jaredtendlerpoker.com.
Subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. If you’re already subscribing, please rate the show.
Add the RSS Feed for the show by clicking here.