My latest guest on the Mental Game of Poker Podcast is Paul “Vulcans” Ratchford. He’s a prolific coach for DragTheBar.com and is author of a new book “Exploitive No Limit Holdem.” Before Paul entered the poker 6 years after the great recession took him from his corporate job at JP Morgan. In poker he’s a cash game player who’s averaged a 7BB/100 winrate since 2009 at a mix of stakes from $2/$4 up to $25/$50, and has won another $100k in live tournament winnings.
He’s a thoughtful and smart guy who has a lot of interesting things to say. In today’s show we discuss:
- His take on All-in EV (he thinks it’s awesome)
- Why he doesn’t care to calculate variance
- Understanding the subtle difference in his tilt
- How he maintains a high level of performance when he shows up to work and doesn’t get paid
- Why confidence isn’t enough to be successful
Finally, I would really appreciate it if you subscribed to this show on iTunes. I have more big guests lined up, and recent shows you may have missed include Vanessa Selbst, ElkY, Jason Mercier and Eugene Katchalov.
Listen To Podcast
Subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. If you’re already subscribing, please rate the show.
Add the RSS Feed for the show by clicking here.