My next guest on the Mental Game of Poker Podcast is Nick Wealthall. Most of you will know him as a host for PokerStars TV, and a former host for Sky Poker and Poker Night Live. He is also an accomplished poker author, and away from the game, a comedy writer.
You may be surprised at just how much he has to share about the mental side of poker. Learning is a topic that has fascinated him for years and he has used this enthusiasm to create his own training video series at www.transformmypoker.com.
In today’s show we discuss:
- The value of taking a step outside of the game and looking at it objectively for learning
- How there is a difference between understanding a poker concept, and being able to implement it in your game
- Why poker players struggle with short term variance
- The importance on knowing what you want to get out of poker
- Why some players struggle to make the adjustment between playing for a hobby, and playing to make serious income
- What makes a good poker coach
Nick is a really funny guy with a great handle on some of the mental biases that can hamper our progression as poker players. You’ll learn a lot about learning in this show. If you’d like to learn more about Nick, check out his website, and follow him on Twitter: @NickWealthall
Finally, I would really appreciate it if you subscribed to this show on iTunes. I have more big guests lined up, and recent shows you may have missed include Vanessa Selbst, ElkY, Jason Mercier and Eugene Katchalov.
Listen To Podcast
Subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. If you’re already subscribing, please rate the show.
Add the RSS Feed for the show by clicking here.