Eugene Katchalov is a professional tournament poker player and a Team PokerStars Pro. He boasts two WCOOP titles, a WSOP bracelet and a WPT titles, as well as a super high roller victory at the PCA. Outside of poker this former trader also was featured in Men’s Fitness magazine for his impressive weight loss after making some big changes in his fitness and diet.
In the show we talk about:
- How he adapts to his crazy travel schedule
- His love of learning and how the biggest battle in poker is the one within
- How he deals with losing streaks and the ways he makes sure he learns from them
- The overconfidence that comes with winning streaks and how it can make you forget the game which made you win in the first place
- How taking notes while he plays has helped him play his A-game more often
- How fitness has helped him mentally at the poker table and the rest of his life
- The value of meditation, which he has just started to take seriously
This is a really enjoyable interview and I think every poker player who is looking to make long term habitual changes in 2014 can learn a lot from Eugene. So be sure to also follow him on Twitter: @EugeneKatchalov
Listen To Podcast
Just a quick reminder, you can now get The Mental Game of Poker 1 and 2 for free either on audiobook or using PokerStars Frequent Player Points. You can also save 30% on the softcover versions of both books now through January 7th at the store at jaredtendlerpoker.com.
Finally if you enjoyed this interview, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on iTunes as next week we have another Team PokerStars Pro on the show in a New Year’s goal setting special.
Subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. If you’re already subscribing, please rate the show.
Add the RSS Feed for the show by clicking here.