Rarely does someone become a true overnight success. Instead, we see someone young like Jake come along, take the poker world by storm and assume he got lucky. But, you’ll be surprised at how much work went into getting Jake to the level of winning majors like the EPT.
In this show you will discover:
- How Jake dealt with, and used, skepticism towards poker from his family and friends to stay grounded.
- That he almost quit the game, and what he did to get through a rough patch.
- His method for making sure his game has progressed every six months.
- Why his Triple Crown success did not go to his head.
- The benefits and drawbacks of blocking your emotions.
- How becoming a father has changed his career.
The one thing that is abundantly clear in Jake is his passion for the game. He is clearly a player who has mastered the art of learning and performance, and to him this is of great importance.
If you want to learn more about some of the themes we discussed, you can still get The Mental Game of Poker 1 or 2 for free on audiobook. If you prefer eBook or softcover, I have affordable ways for you to get copies just click here.
Listen To Podcast
Subscribe through iTunes by clicking here. If you’re already subscribing, please rate the show.
Add the RSS Feed for the show by clicking here.